We are looking for a cost analyst to help us audit our expenses and find ways to make our operations more cost-efficient.
You’ll be the go-to person for cost analysis and you’ll get to prepare reports to help management make better decisions. To do this job well, we’d like you to be well-versed in data and financial analysis, and have strong attention to detail.
Ultimately, your job will be an integral part of our efforts to ensure profitability and business success.
- Gather and analyze financial data
- Determine standard costs and investigate variances with actual costs
- Prepare detailed reports, both periodically and ad-hoc
- Help management make important decisions based on costs and benefits (e.g. investments, market growth, pricing changes)
- Create and manage budgets, and monitor spending
- Conduct audits on financial processes and transactions
- Monitor changes in processes or methods to calculate effects on overall costs
- Estimate product costs for existing and new products
- Forecast and analyze costs of processes, labor and inventory
- Suggest cost-reducing or profitable solutions
- Conduct market research to support future business planning
- Proven experience as a cost analyst, cost specialist or similar role
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis
- Knowledge of accounting processes and software
- Strong analytical skills
- A business acumen
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication aptitude
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred