We are looking for a Risk Manager to advise us on various types of risks (business, financial, legal and security.) You will identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems.
In this role, you should be highly perceptive and methodical. You should also have the ability to communicate effectively and present your plans in a convincing way. If you have experience in risk assessment and financial analysis, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our company secures its reputation and profitability by controlling risk.
- Conduct assessments to define and analyze possible risks
- Evaluate the gravity of each risk by considering its consequences
- Audit processes and procedures
- Develop risk management controls and systems
- Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Create contingency plans to manage crises
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures to find weaknesses
- Prepare reports and present recommendations
- Help implement solutions and plans
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and train them when necessary
- Proven experience as a Risk Manager
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act)
- Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g. Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Law, Business, Finance or a related field
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification is a plus