We are looking for an experienced surveyor to supervise field staff and ensure our projects are delivered on time. Your basic responsibilities will also include calculating land boundaries in several locations and creating maps and reports of survey results for clients.
This role requires hands-on experience with engineering instruments and knowledge of GPS and GIS systems. To succeed as a surveyor, you should also have great mathematical and analytical skills, and a good eye for measurements.
If you meet our criteria, and if you’re also organized and detail-oriented with a strong experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Conduct surveys on land sites and properties
- Examine previous records and evidence to ensure data accuracy
- Research and design methods for survey processes
- Use equipment and tools to accurately measure land features (e.g. longitudes, latitudes)
- Build maps, sketches, and charts
- Supervise and provide guidance to field staff
- Purchase and maintain equipment
- Report on survey results and present findings to clients
- Collaborate with engineers and architects on several projects
- Previous experience as a surveyor or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of GPS and GIS
- Tech savvy, including familiarity with CAD software
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Great organizational and leadership skills
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a similar field
- Valid certificate is required